by Adina Kalish
Clients at The Wilbert Group don’t just get treated to a white-glove public relations experience that gets them featured in the press, they win awards! Our team of professionals is highly skilled at researching the right industry awards that highlight the extraordinary work being done in all areas of our clients’ businesses. Whether it’s securing a spot on a featured panel, crafting an engaging story of a new opening, details of a successful business transaction, or operations behind a special event, The Wilbert Group finds the perfect award to fit the project.
For the past several years, The Wilbert Group has worked on submissions for our client, North American Properties (NAP) on the prestigious MAXI Awards, presented each year at the International Council of Shopping Centers’ (ICSC) meeting. And we’re pleased to say that in 2014 NAP was the recipient of four MAXIs.
How? By being strategic. Want to do the same? Follow our top five tips for writing award entries that win!
1. Start with the story. Every award entry must captivate a reader from the first sentence. Set the scene. Create the visuals. Grab the reader and assume he/she knows nothing!
2. Set up the situation. Be clear with why you’re submitting an entry for this category by succinctly stating the scenario, the challenge or the goal of the intended award.
3. Be specific. When getting to the meat of your submission, make sure you detail exactly how you achieved your results step by step and which key players were involved.
4. Get accurate figures to support your results. Back up your entry with precise figures. Whether it’s numbers of people at an event, dollar amounts spent on a campaign, or statistics that support your story, numbers are impressive.
5. Celebrate the PR hits. Did the word get out to the right influencers? Print? TV? Bloggers? Make sure you keep track of all the fantastic press you got for your client so you can highlight this in the entry.